PEER Consultants, P.C. (PEER) is a global, full-service, environmental and general civil engineering consulting firm founded in 1978 by Dr. Lilia A. Abron, P.E., BCEE. As a minority woman in the science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) field, her vision was to own and control a business with environmental management as its main focus. Today, we can proudly say this vision is now a reality as PEER celebrates its 35 year anniversary.
The company provides professional services for the restoration, maintenance, and enhancement of the physical environment – air, land and water. PEER adheres to the philosophy that humans and the physical environment are fully compatible and exist to mutually benefit each other. The company provides its services through five major discipline areas:
- Water and Wastewater Engineering: potable water collection, treatment, storage, transmission, and distribution. Wastewater, handling, collection, treatment, disposal and beneficial reuse.
- Environmental Engineering and Sciences: all aspects of environmental planning, remediation and mitigation of contamination of toxic and hazardous materials and environmental studies.
- Architecture and Engineering (A&E) Support Services: construction management and inspection, computer-aided design (CAD), geographic information services (GIS) services, and database development and management services.
- Field Services: sewershed evaluations; surveys & plans; closed-circuit television (CCTV) inspections; water & wastewater sampling; collection and analysis; soil and air sampling and analysis.
- Energy and Environmental Sustainability: responsible energy use and energy efficiency endeavors, mitigation of Greenhouse Gas emissions, sustainability in the built environment, capacity building and jobs creation, and social responsibility.